Gentex 50-GENK332TUN 3.5" Rear view mirror monitor with Electrochromic Auto Dimming for 2009 - and Up Toyota Tundra
- For 2009 - and Up Toyota Tundra Pick Up Truck
- Direct Plug-and-play no wiring necessary, uses the factory pre-wiring for rearview camera system
- Add a true OEM quality rearview mirror monitor for a factory type reverse back up camera system
- Factory full mirror Electrochromic Auto Dimming to prevent blinding headlights at night
- Built-in 3.5" LCD monitor displays a bright, high-resolution image
- Rearview camera image appears when you shift into reverse
- LCD is invisible in drive or neutral
- Works with any reverse camera (sold separately)
- Mirror mounts to factory mirror hardware
- Standard button mount included for alternate mounting to windshield
- Gentex 50-GENK352 3.5" Rear view mirror monitor with Electrochromic Auto Dimming Instruction manual
- 11 1/4" wide x 3 1/4" tall
The liquid crystal display (LCD) appears through the mirror's reflective surface via Gentex's proprietary "transflective" coatings and lighting techniques. The result is a bright, high-resolution display in an intuitive location. The display is driven by a camera located at the rear of the vehicle, and is displayed on the left side of the mirror.Safety and Convenience
From a safety perspective, the Rear Camera Display Mirror should help reduce the risk of backup accidents, especially for vehicles with limited rear vision. Another benefit is the convenience associated with hooking up to boats, RVs and utility trailers.
Another safety and convenience feature developed by Gentex is a video display located in the auto-dimming rearview mirror. When paired with a backup camera the display shows a real-time panoramic view of the rear of the vehicle. The display appears through the mirror glass automatically when the vehicle is shifted into "reverse" it disappears when the vehicle is shifted into any other gear.
For car dealers, the Gentex video display technology is quick-to-market, easy to install and service, relatively low cost, and offers a seamless enhancement to the auto-dimming rearview mirror.Electrochromic Auto-Dimming
Auto-dimming rearview mirrors increase driving safety by eliminating accident-causing glare, but they also provide car manufacturers with a cost-effective way to offer customers value-added electronic devices and other features. They make nighttime driving safer by detecting glare and automatically dimming to protect driver vision. Airbags, crumple zones and the like may help you survive a crash, but auto-dimming mirrors help you avoid one altogether.
Research shows that during nighttime driving, headlight glare from the vehicles traveling behind you can be blinding. Even once the source of the glare is removed, an after-image remains on the eye's retina that creates a blind spot you may not even know exists. Known as the Troxler Effect, this phenomenon increases driver reaction time by up to 1.4 seconds. At 60 mph, you'd drive over 123 feet before you even reacted to the danger in front of you.