Metra Dash Kit 99-5715LD Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable With Harness 1996-1999 Vehicles
Metra Dash Kit 99-5715LD Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable With Harness 1996-1999 Vehicles features:
- Includes rear defroster switch
- Includes wire harness and antenna extension
- Uses factory heat and A/C controls
- Uses factory spring clips to attach radio
- For vehicles without electronic climate control only
- NOTE: Metra’s 70-5716 must be used with 1998-1999 models.
- DIN Radio Provision
- Kit Components - Integrated Mounting Kit and Extension Harness
- Tools Required - Torx Driver, 86-5618 Head Unit Removal Keys and Dremel Tool
- Metra Electronics Corp. 99-5715 (Ford Taurus 1996-1999 and Mercury Sable 1996-1999)
- Metra Electronics Corp. 99-5715LD (With Harness)
- Metra Electronics Corp. 99-5715LDS (With 70-5715 Extension Harness and 70-5716 Harness)
- Metra's Install kits are manufactured from OEM quality ABS plastic designed to leave no gaps between the dash and the kit.
- Ford Taurus 1996-1999
- Mercury Sable 1996-1999
- 99-5715LD Instruction Manual
|Chassis Size||Single DIN|
|Vehicle Year||1996, 1997, 1998, 1999|
|Vehicle Brand||Ford, Mercury|
|Return period||30 days|
|Exchange period||30 days|
Car stereo installation
We show you the complete process of installing a Pioneer Double DIN car stereo in a Chevy truck. The in-depth video shows the installation of the interface, and steering wheel control.
Stereo Installation Basics
Let's start with the basics of replacing your car stereo receiver. In out first video we demonstrate how to crimp or solder your wiring, mount your new receiver to your dash kit and prepare everything for an installation in your vehicle.
Wiring Harnesses Explained
What do all of the wire colors mean? Aftermarket manufacturers have made car stereo receiver installation an easier process by using a standardized wire color scheme. We walk you through what each individual wire does, this way if you have an installation that doesn't perform properly you will have the resources to begin troubleshooting your installation.