VFL Audio VFLCOMP1K 1000 Watt Mono Class-D Competition Amplifier
- 1000 Watt Mono Class-D Competition Amplifier
- Stable down to 1-ohm
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 Channel (1 ohm)
- 500 watts RMS x 1 Channel (2 ohms)
- 250 watts RMS x 1 Channel (4 ohms)
- Strap-able for ridiculous power output
- 1000 Watts Max Power
- Stable down to 1-ohm
- Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET Power supply
- Double side PCB with high quality SMD components
- Oversized toroids Power supply for excellent current and voltage control even under the highest demands
- Amplifier is strap-able so that you can connect and bridge with another for additional power output (2 ohm - 4 ohm load only)
- Nickel plated terminals for all connections
- Accepts up to 16 volts DC input for maximum sound output
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 350 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (4 Ω): < 0.15%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A Weighted, at 40 Hz): >70dB
- Minimum 0 Gauge power wire with 180 amp fuse
- Protection circuits
- 3-Way Protection circuit
- Internal temperature and automatically lowers input level to prevent heat damage
- Short circuit protection prevent damage when speaker leads are shorted
- Overload protection prevent damage from low impedance or blown woofers
- Internal crossovers
- Variable Low Pass filter: 35Hz - 250Hz at 24dB per octave
- Variable Subsonic High Pass filter: 10Hz - 50Hz at 24dB per octave
- Audio controls
- Variable phase control: 0° - 180° phase control
- Variable Bass boost controls: 0 - +19dB at 45Hz
- Inputs and outputs
- 1 - 2 channel RCA input accepts up to 6 volt input signals
- 1 - 2 channel RCA output
- 1 - Strap-able data connection
- 1 - Remote bass control input
RMS Power Rating:
- 4 ohms: 250 watts x 1 channels
- 2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 channels
- 1 ohms: 1000 watts x 1 channel
- Dimensions: 12-3/4" (L) x 2-1/4" (H) x 9-1/2" (D)
|Amplifier Topology Class||Class D|
|Number of Channels||1 Channel|
|Total RMS Power at 1 ohm||1,000.00|
|Total RMS Power at 2 ohm||500.00|
|Total RMS Power at 4 ohm||250.00|
|RMS Output per Channel (x1 at 2 ohms)||500.00 Watts|
|RMS Output per Channel (x1 at 1 ohms)||1,000.00 Watts|
|RMS Output per Channel (x1 at 4 ohms)||250.00 Watts|
|Total Peak Power Output||1,500.00 (Watts)|
|Amplifier Bridging||Not Bridgable|
|Minimum Impedance in Un-Bridged Mode||1 ohm|
|Strappable Power Output||2000|
|RCA Pre-amp Audio inputs||1 Pair|
|RCA Pre-amp Audio outputs||1 Pair|
|Preamp voltage||200 mV - 6 V|
|Speaker level inputs||No|
|Bass Knob / Remote Gain||Yes|
|Built in Crossover||Low-pass, Sub-sonic|
|Recommended Power Wire Gauge||0 Gauge|
|Overall Height||2.25 inches|
|Overall Length||12.75 inches|
|Overall Width||9.50 inches|
|Return period||30 days|
|Exchange period||30 days|
Testing and analysis of the VFL VFLCOMP1K
VFL Audio is a brand underneath American Bass that has proudly been developing high end car audio for over 3 decades. If you’re trying to build a system that produces thousands of watts of output, VFL is a go to brand.
The VFLCOMP1K is a monoblock amplifier that, according to VFL, will put out 1,000W RMS @ 1 ohm, making it an excellent choice for powering a couple of high powered subwoofers.
Inside the box
Inside the box are allen keys, a remote bass control… with extension cable, and monoblock amplifier.
The VFLCOMP1K is a monoblock amplifier that, according to VFL, will put out 1,000W RMS @ 1 ohm.
The COMP1K features a pair of RCA inputs and a pair of RCA outputs, gain control, subsonic filter, bass boost, low pass filter and phase control. Connect the remote bass control to its input to control levels up front.
This beastly amplifier makes the minimum requirement of 0 AWG power ground wire a necessity. Fortunately VFL provided oversized terminals for low gauge wire. 12AWG is fine for remote turn on and subwoofers depending on their power.
The VFL COMP1K is designed for single channel operation, but it is also strappable with another COMP1K to create a monster subwoofer amplifier system. One amplifier will be the primary and one will be the secondary amplifier. This daisy chain connection makes 2 VFL amplifiers linkable to 2 ohm and doubles the power of a single VFL amplifier’s 1 ohm power.
To do this you will link both amplifiers together with an RCA cable and their daisy chain RCA ports. Connect your headunit or source to the master amplifier. This is a great way to power an absolute monster subwoofer and get 2,000W RMS @ 2 ohms. Make sure you don't starve the amps, you will need multiple batteries and an upgraded alternator. VFL recommends a 180 amp linked fuse.
Dimensions of the VFLCOMP1K include 2-¼” in height, 9-½” in width and 12-¾” in length.
Two channels driven, 4 ohm, 40 Hz, 14.2v
HP8903B Audio Analyzer: 334.9W RMS per channel, 1% distortion and 36.3 volts of output.
AMM-1: 397 Watts
Two channels driven, 2 ohm, 40 Hz, 13.8v
HP8903B Audio Analyzer: 531.4W RMS per channel, 1.28% distortion and 32.3 volts of output.
AMM-1: 489 Watts
Two channels driven, 1 ohm, 40 Hz, 13.2v
HP8903B Audio Analyzer: 684W RMS per channel, 0.9% distortion and 25.6 volts of output.
AMM-1: 650 Watts
Car amplifier installation
We show you the complete process of installing a Pioneer Double DIN car stereo in a Chevy truck. The in-depth video shows the installation of the interface, and steering wheel control.
Amplifier Installation basics
Let's start with the basics of adding or installing a car amplifier. First you will need to plan your installation and power wiring, this usually is the most difficult part of the installation for most.
How to choose the proper wire size explained
What size power wire do I need for my amplifier? Well, that depends on the length of the wire and the power consumption of the amplifier. We walk you through how to choose the right gauge wire and wire material depending on your amplifier installation requirements.
How to wire speakers and subwoofers to your new amplifier
In our third video we demonstrate the various ways you can wire speakers and amplifiers to all types of amplifiers. There different ways to do this depending on the type of amplifier you choose to purchase.
What is gain? How do I set it properly?
In our fourth video we demonstrate how to set the gains on your amplifier to prevent damage to your speakers, subwoofers and even possibly your new amplifier. Using a portable oscilloscope we show you how to set your gains.
- VFL Audio VFLCOMP3K 3000 Watt Mono Class-D Competition AmplifierSpecial Price $494.99 Regular Price $549.99
- Power Acoustik EG1-4500D 1 Channel Class D Amplifier - 4500 WattsSpecial Price $119.99 Regular Price $169.99
VFL Audio VFLCOMP2.5K 2500 Watt Mono Class-D Competition AmplifierSpecial Price $377.99 Regular Price $419.99
VFL Audio VFLCOMP3K 3000 Watt Mono Class-D Competition AmplifierSpecial Price $494.99 Regular Price $549.99
VFL Audio VFLCOMP2K 2000 Watt Mono Class-D Competition AmplifierSpecial Price $278.99 Regular Price $309.99