Unit includes: Car Amplifier, Mounting hardware, and Instruction manual
KICKER's KX-Series Mono Subwoofer Amps out perform and provide more power than any other amplifier they make. Boost-converter technology allows KX amps to achieve a typical efficiency near 80 percent, significantly beyond standard amp power supplies.
KICKER's KX-Series Amplifiers are full of advanced technoglogy. Under the high-mass, super-cooling heat sink, these amps feature double-sided fiberglass circuit boards, Litz-wound transformers that minimize power loss and maximize transfer, TO218 output devices for high-current switching, buffered RCA outputs, noise-shielding metal-end panels, and custom tooled power connectors.
With the largest model, the 2400.1, measuring at only 15-1.2 inches in length, KX Amplifiers set the curve for smaller chassis footprints.KICKER amps feature an optimized circuit layout for the most efficient use of components, the smallest footprint and clearest sound quality.
Kicker KX400.1 400 Watt RMS Monoblock Class D Car Amplifier:
- KX-Series 400 Watt RMS Monoblock Car Amplifier
- Preamp RCA outputs to connect multiple amps
- MOSFET power supply for large power output
- Variable Kick EQ+ Bass Boost (0-18 dB Selectable 20-80 Hz, Variable Q: 1-5)
- Wired remote bass level control included
- Selectable boost frequency from 20-80 Hz gives you control of the boosted frequency
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Equipped with FIT (Fail-Safe Integration Technology) to accept output from virtually any source
- FIT (Fail-Safe Integration Technology) lab-grade, balanced differential inputs offer best possible noise rejection
- Double-sided fiberglass circuit board
- Dual speaker terminals simplify the hookup of multiple speakers
- Heavy duty high-mass aluminum alloy heat-sink
- Built-in crossovers and adjustable KickEQ for dialing it in
- Angled custom-tooled power connectors
- DC offset or 12v remote auto turn-on modes
- Stylish magnetic panels cover controls and glass-fiber composite end panels
- Nickel-plated screw terminals
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
- 4 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation
Inputs and Outputs:
- Single-channel operation
- Nickel-plated RCA level inputs and outputs
- Input Sensitivity Low level: 125mV-5V
- Input Sensitivity High level: 250mV-10V
Max Power Output:
- Total Power Output: 800 Watts
RMS Power Output:
- 4-Ohms: 200 Watts x 1
- 2-Ohms: 400 Watts x 1
Built in Crossover:
- Frequency Response: 10-160Hz
- Variable Low-Pass Filter: 40-160Hz, 24 dB/octave
- Subsonic Filter: 10-80Hz, 24 dB/octave
- Bass Boost: Parametric 20-80Hz; Variable Q: 1 to 5; Variable Boost, 0-18dB
- Overall Dimensions: 2-1/8" (H) x 8" (L) x 8-5/16" (W)
Installation Video's & Manuals
We stopped by KICKER's CES 2016 Booth to check out everything new for 2016. They showed off their new subwoofers, amplifiers, and speakers. They also had on display for the guts of a Kicker L7 subwoofer!!!!
We show you how to install a complete car audio system. We install a subwoofer, and amplifier, front speakers, rear speakers, and add sound dampening material on the rear deck and in the front doors.
Learn the basics of an aftermarket car stereo installation. First we walk you through a step by step process of the wiring harness installation, then we show you how to mount the units using a dash kit.
We show you how to install an amplifier in a vehicle with a factory amplified audio system.
Amplifiers are power hungry devices that are the heart of every car audio system. A power line fuse on your amp is essential because without one you could have a fire if the power wire is accidentally shorted. We show you how to properly wire a fuse at the battery of your vehicle.
We show you how to set the gains on your amplifiers correctly using an inexpensive oscilloscope. Using the DSO Nano V3, we demonstrate what amplifier clipping looks and sounds like. We then demonstrate how to set your system up the right way and prevent these damaging issues.