Unit includes: Marine Amplifier, Mounting hardware, and Instruction manual
Rockford Fosgate PM500X2 500 Watt 2-Channel Class AB Marine Amplifier:
- 500 Watt Punch Series 2-Channel Class AB Marine Amplifier
- Marine grade two part epoxy coating on circuit boards
- Marine grade stainless steel hardware
- Stealth top mounted control panel
- High level input capable with Auto Turn-On circuit
- Optional remote Punch Level Control (PLC2) ready (w/ input clip indicator)
- 12dB/octave Butterworth crossover
- On-board Punch EQ with +18dB boost @ 45Hz
- TRANS•ana topology - simplifies the signal path of the amplifier that results in greater reliability and sound quality
- MOSFET power supply for incredible power
- LED indicators: Power, Protect, and Thermal
- Balanced Differential inputs - filters and eliminates noise picked up from the RCA signal cables as they are run through the vehicle
- C.L.E.A.N circuit that allows you to properly optimize input signal to output capability for proper signal to noise ratio and prevent damaging distortion
- MEHSA3 utilizes a proprietary process that yields up to five times better heat transfer than traditional FET mounting techniques that lowers distortion, increases durability and prolongs the output device life span
- DSM - An industry-leading manufacturing process, DSM utilizes high-speed robotics, high-quality 1% tight-tolerance parts and large board traces which improves efficiency of the circuit, decreases cross-talk from other discrete components and lowers operating temperature
- NOMAD is a real time analog computer that protects your amplifier from shorting speaker wires and dangerously low speaker impedances
- DTM - Dynamic Thermal Management evenly distributes heat across entire amplifier cast aluminum heat-sink without noisy fans utilizing convection cooling
- Provides three way protection circuitry, which includes thermal, overload and speaker short protection
- Integrated heavy-duty aluminum alloy vented heat sink for utmost heat dissipation
- Requires minimum 4 gauge power and ground wiring for installation
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 1.0dB
Inputs and Outputs:
- 2 - Nickel-plated RCA high or low level inputs (150 mV - 12 V)
- 2 - Nickel-plated RCA level outputs
- Input sensitivity is 150 mV to 12V
- 8 AWG to 18 AWG speaker connections (Captive C-Clamp)
- 4 AWG power connections (Captive C-Clamp)
Max Power Output:
- 2-Ohms: 365 watts x 2 channel
- 4-Ohms: 223 watts x 2 channel
RMS Power Output:
- 2-Ohms: 250 watts x 2 channel
- 4-Ohms: 150 watts x 2 channel
- 4-Ohms: 500 Watts x 1 (Bridged)
- Optional PLC2 wired remote bass level control
- Punch EQ2 Bass Boost: 0dB to +18 dB at 45 Hz
- Punch EQ2 Treble Boost: 0dB to +14 dB at 12.5 kHz
Built in Crossover:
- Variable high-pass filter: 50 Hz - 250 Hz @ 12 dB/octave Butterworth
- Variable low-pass filter: 50 Hz - 250 Hz @ 12 dB/octave Butterworth
- All Pass
- Overall Dimensions: 2.38” (H) x 13.28” (D) x 7.76” (W)
- Recommended Fuse: 80 amp
- Maximum current draw: 80 amp (13.8V Sinewave)
- Average current draw: 40 amp (13.8V Music)
Installation Video's & Manuals
We stopped by Rockford Fosgate CES 2016 Booth to check out everything new for 2016. They showed off their new subwoofers, amplifiers, and speakers. They also had on display for the new monster power series T1, T2, and T3 subwoofers!
We show you how to install a complete car audio system. We install a subwoofer, and amplifier, front speakers, rear speakers, and add sound dampening material on the rear deck and in the front doors.
Buy a Rockford Punch series amplifier and receive a free PLC2 bass control, a free Rockford wiring kit, and a 2-year Warranty at no cost!
We show you how to install an amplifier in a vehicle with a factory amplified audio system.
Amplifiers are power hungry devices that are the heart of every car audio system. A power line fuse on your amp is essential because without one you could have a fire if the power wire is accidentally shorted. We show you how to properly wire a fuse at the battery of your vehicle.
Rockford Fosgate's new Punch amplifiers have a on-board clipping indicator allowing you to properly set the gain. Properly set gains are vitally important to the quality of your audio system.
Rockford Fosgate amplifiers do not require a remote turn-on connection. The have built in automatic turn-on capability making your installation much easier.
Learn all about the new Rockford Fosgate Marine speakers.
We show you how to set the gains on your amplifiers correctly using an inexpensive oscilloscope. Using the DSO Nano V3, we demonstrate what amplifier clipping looks and sounds like. We then demonstrate how to set your system up the right way and prevent these damaging issues.